November 3, 2011

Surprise day at the spa!

Recently we had a very good friend visit from out of town. Like me, she has been going through some hard times. Her time at our house was a way to get away from a bad situation and to spend time with people who love her very much.

My husband, who usually can not surprise me, surprised the both us with a spa day at the beautiful Ritz Carlton Spa. I must note that he totally got me and made me very upset so I would be distracted. As we drove to the front of the building our jaws dropped and he just sat there smiling.  He pushed us out of the car and said "You better get in there before you two are late for appointments!".  Utter shock and excitement filled us both. It was an amazing experience that made us fill with tears and joy. Massages custom suited to our Chinese zodiac elements. We were able to discuss everything we were going through in a quiet and peaceful environment. At that moment my friend realized that we really do love her more than anything and that she is part of our family.  More importantly, this is what people do for each other during tough times. There in the beautiful desert surroundings I felt like she was not just a friend, but a sister.  Sharing feelings and experience that few know about. It was a wondrous time and I am thankful to my husband who provided that for us.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment